K-ON Fanfiction Award
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!

+8
Southpaw
Ryuamakusa4eva
Loveless
TakuanInc.
Gasian Gaond
sephie-chan
Little Donkey
Ritsu-senpai
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?! Empty Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!

Post by Ritsu-senpai Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:31 am

LOL. Little Donkey-san, I've made the so-called Mitsu thread~! XP

Anyways... I really wanna know about something...

I'm sure almost EVERYONE who watches K-ON! could see that 'Mitsu' aka Mio x Ritsu is one of the most obvious canon pairings of the whole anime even though they are childhood best friends... (Yes, yes YuiAzu's another, but this thread ain't for 'em! ><)

The question is... why is the said pairing SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!

First of all... I never ever liked yuri nor yaoi... NEVER. It's just... WRONG. (To me, that is. XP)

... Then came K-ON!, an anime about 4 (which later increased to 5) girls in a high school rock band yadda yadda yadda... And because I really enjoyed the anime, I checked out lots and lots of forum about it, fanfics too. I so happen to have stumbled upon lots of Mitsu related things and that was when I realized that they were canon (in a way) due to some stuff that people around the world have quoted..

... Honestly, I don't think of them as a pairing & more like the best of friends... but if a fanfic's done well... let's just say... I mysteriously get turned on for some reasons. And now, I'm starting to enjoy fanfics that's about this specific pairing (even when I think it's wrong! ><). Especially Gasian-san's epic 'Besotted' fanfic. Totally turned me into a Mitsu supporter when I don't want to. XP (Shows how awesome his fic is. XP)

Anyways... what do you guys think of the pairing hmm?
Ritsu-senpai
Ritsu-senpai

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1407235/Ritsu_senpai

Back to top Go down

Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?! Empty Re: Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!

Post by Little Donkey Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:48 am

Ritsu-senpai wrote:LOL. Little Donkey-san, I've made the so-called Mitsu thread~! XP
Lol, Southpaw missed the chance. >=] Pro-power ... what a contagious entity.

Ritsu-senpai wrote:Anyways... I really wanna know about something...
[snip]
... why is the said pairing SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!
Because as you said, they are childhood friends. And that's a common trait found in many a shipper's list. Not to mention, pairing opposites together...? VERY COMMON.

Ritsu-senpai wrote:...I'm starting to enjoy fanfics that's about this specific pairing (even when I think it's wrong! ><). Especially Gasian-san's epic 'Besotted' fanfic. Totally turned me into a Mitsu supporter when I don't want to. XP (Shows how awesome his fic is. XP)

GO GA-NYAN! Hohohoho, keep on converting people! *ahem* But yeah, I usually ship yuri and yaoi pairings. Yet when I started watching the show, I promised myself not to ship any pairings whatsoever. But freaking Tsumugi started using goggles and then ... and then ... ! D=

Since I managed to complete a chaptered fic since who knows when before the year 2009 and it's also a Mitsu fic, yeah--they're addictive.
Little Donkey
Little Donkey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?! Empty Re: Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!

Post by sephie-chan Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:27 am

Ritsu-senpai wrote:

First of all... I never ever liked yuri nor yaoi... NEVER. It's just... WRONG. (To me, that is. XP)

ITS NOT WRONG... ohh wait. yes it is. hahah. Smile
sephie-chan
sephie-chan

http://www.fanfiction.net/~seph10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasian Gaond Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:56 am

Especially Gasian-san's epic 'Besotted' fanfic. Totally turned me into a Mitsu supporter when I don't want to. XP (Shows how awesome his fic is. XP)
I've poisoned Ritsu, yay! *random dance*
I'll say it again, a million thanks, really. It's glad to know there's more powah to the Mitsu fandom!

The question is... why is the said pairing SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!
Don't tell me you've typed this after watching a Mitsu AMV lolz. Coz I downloaded the said song just because I watched it and felt the song's nice. *shot*

Because as you said, they are childhood friends. And that's a common trait found in many a shipper's list. Not to mention, pairing opposites together...? VERY COMMON.
Just happens that this pairing is more charming than the others 8D (well at least for me lolz)

Gasian Gaond
Gasian Gaond

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1974148/Gasian_Gaond

Back to top Go down

Post by TakuanInc. Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:35 am

Contagious? My Kagamin friend's a force to be reckoned with! She's going strong in shipping her AzuRitsu (that I am strangely being pulled into as well DX) and says Mitsu is poor man's Konami.

What should I do? XD
TakuanInc.
TakuanInc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveless Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Ritsu-senpai wrote:The question is... why is the said pairing SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?!

... Honestly, I don't think of them as a pairing & more like the best of friends... but if a fanfic's done well... let's just say... I mysteriously get turned on for some reasons. And now, I'm starting to enjoy fanfics that's about this specific pairing (even when I think it's wrong! ><). Especially Gasian-san's epic 'Besotted' fanfic. Totally turned me into a Mitsu supporter when I don't want to. XP (Shows how awesome his fic is. XP)
lol, conversion. Go, Gay-- I-I mean, Gasian! XD

Anyway, in my opinion, it's contagious because they fit each other so well. :3 Y'know, Ritsu's awesome stupidity coupled with Mio's serious nature. Plus they seem to know each other so well, they're practically soul-mates from the beginning of the series. *__*

Yuri/Yaoi wrong? Nonsense! Very Happy

TakuanInc. wrote:Contagious? My Kagamin friend's a force to be reckoned with! She's going strong in shipping her AzuRitsu (that I am strangely being pulled into as well DX) and says Mitsu is poor man's Konami.

What should I do? XD
Embrace it...? 8D

Loveless
Loveless

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1517433/Raburesu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuamakusa4eva Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:57 am

TakuanInc. wrote:

Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?! Ritsumio2

For the love of Mitsu XD
Ryuamakusa4eva
Ryuamakusa4eva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southpaw Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Little Donkey wrote:Lol, Southpaw missed the chance. >=] Pro-power ... what a contagious entity.
It's for the better, really. Ritsu-senpai wrote a much better post than I could have. I'm so lazy I have difficulty garnering that much tangible enthusiasm...

Little Donkey wrote:Because as you said, they are childhood friends. And that's a common trait found in many a shipper's list. Not to mention, pairing opposites together...? VERY COMMON.
A little history goes a long way in pairings. Best childhood friends evolving into lovers--sometimes it can be awfully cliched. I don't think Mio/Ritsu is, though. I could be biased. ...I probably am.

And yes, opposites. Great for the dynamic.

LOVELESS wrote:
Anyway, in my opinion, it's contagious because they fit each other so well. :3 Y'know, Ritsu's awesome stupidity coupled with Mio's serious nature. Plus they seem to know each other so well, they're practically soul-mates from the beginning of the series. *__*
And despite the long-existing friendship, their relationship is far from being boring and stagnant. Some of the most hilarious moments in the anime were Mio and Ritsu interactions. They complement each other extraordinarily well. There's something about them that just clicks and most people can see and appreciate it, as merely friendship or more.

-Southpaw
Southpaw
Southpaw

http://awkwardellipsis.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ritsu-senpai Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:58 am

Southpaw wrote:It's for the better, really. Ritsu-senpai wrote a much better post than I could have. I'm so lazy I have difficulty garnering that much tangible enthusiasm...

LOL... That's so not true, Southpaw-san... ^^;

Southpaw wrote:Anyway, in my opinion, it's contagious because they fit each other so well. :3 Y'know, Ritsu's awesome stupidity coupled with Mio's serious nature. Plus they seem to know each other so well, they're practically soul-mates from the beginning of the series. *__*
And despite the long-existing friendship, their relationship is far from being boring and stagnant. Some of the most hilarious moments in the anime were Mio and Ritsu interactions. They complement each other extraordinarily well. There's something about them that just clicks and most people can see and appreciate it, as merely friendship or more.

Ahh... I see... so them complementing each other through interactions and sometimes just physical contact's what makes the pairing contagious huh... I get it now! XP (And yay! I finally learnt how to quote people's sentences... XD XD)
Ritsu-senpai
Ritsu-senpai

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1407235/Ritsu_senpai

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:43 am

To be completely honest, I never saw these two as a pairing first time I watch K-On!. Then I just had to go to fanfiction.net and browse through the then-300ish K-On! fanfictions...and got hooked to Mitsu because of a certain's someone's fic. Little Donkey-san, I believe it was your 'Adagio' that had managed to hooked me--and your pen-name, I started reading the fic because I was lolling at your nickname for some reason 8D.

Anyway ever since then I have followed the Mitsu fandom religiously unitl now Awesome Face
depression76
depression76

http://www.ranrannyan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasian Gaond Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Then I just had to go to fanfiction.net and browse through the then-300ish K-On! fanfictions...and got hooked to Mitsu because of a certain's someone's fic. Little Donkey-san, I believe it was your 'Adagio' that had managed to hooked me--and your pen-name, I started reading the fic because I was lolling at your nickname for some reason 8D.
Now where the hell has that procrastinating heroine gone...

Either she makes more Mitsu or a MiTsu or I'll stalk her till she can never sleep again *shot*

To be completely honest, I never saw these two as a pairing first time I watch K-On!.
LOL I first saw it as a joke, because when there is subtext where googles aren't necessary, there'll be at least some supporters. I was completely converted only after searching for it and finding so many awesome fanarts on the net. :3
Gasian Gaond
Gasian Gaond

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Donkey Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Gasian Gaond wrote:
Now where the hell has that procrastinating heroine gone...

Either she makes more Mitsu or a MiTsu or I'll stalk her till she can never sleep again *shot*

I've been writing and editing the fourth chapter of Masquerade for nearly five days straight now, you impatient woman!

I'll catch up with the forum after I finally upload the chapter. Probably in a few days.
Little Donkey
Little Donkey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasian Gaond Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:23 am

I've been writing and editing the fourth chapter of Masquerade for nearly five days straight now, you impatient woman!

I'll catch up with the forum after I finally upload the chapter. Probably in a few days

Aye, aye, Sir, take your time XD

Then I just had to go to fanfiction.net and browse through the then-300ish K-On! fanfictions

This kinda reminds me of old times...XD
Gasian Gaond
Gasian Gaond

Back to top Go down

Post by Solangge28 Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Gasian Gaond wrote:
To be completely honest, I never saw these two as a pairing first time I watch K-On!.
LOL I first saw it as a joke, because when there is subtext where googles aren't necessary, there'll be at least some supporters. I was completely converted only after searching for it and finding so many awesome fanarts on the net. :3

For me, when I first saw the first episode, that lie that Ritsu did about the promise, right then I knew they would make a cute couple. And for some reason, I thought I was the only shipper for those two XDD I fell in love with Mitsu within the first episode! Is that even possible? XDD

I love Mitsu, but then when I saw Mugitsu episode, I started to like that pairing too, even though I never thought I would like another pairing paired up with either Mio or Ritsu because they are just the perfect two! <3
Solangge28
Solangge28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasian Gaond Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Regarding Fuyu no Hi...

This reminds me of the old food for thought... (fic idea?)

Why did Mio put the lyrics in Ritsu's letter box...and didn't just directly show it to everyone like she always does? The way she casually asked Ritsu about it back then was a bit out of place too, wasn't it? Since she was usually (though not always) so shy about her lyrics.

And if Houkago Tea Time II is meant to be some kind of a "real" album, why is this song included in there while Ritsu has downright refused it?

And there's still the whole issue with Yui singing it. If you look at the lyrics, every song other than Fuyu no Hi in Houkago Tea Time II which is sung by Yui (solo) is either about food or is written by herself. In comparison, Mio's (Pure Pure Heart, Samidare 20 Love, Fude Pen, and even Tokimeki Sugar) are all fluffy RABU-RABU song.

If it isn't for the melody, Fuyu no Hi will fit Mio just well, don't you think..?
Gasian Gaond
Gasian Gaond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryuamakusa4eva Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:40 am

Gasian Gaond wrote:Regarding Fuyu no Hi...

Why did Mio put the lyrics in Ritsu's letter box...and didn't just directly show it to everyone like she always does? The way she casually asked Ritsu about it back then was a bit out of place too, wasn't it? Since she was usually (though not always) so shy about her lyrics.

And if Houkago Tea Time II is meant to be some kind of a "real" album, why is this song included in there while Ritsu has downright refused it?

And there's still the whole issue with Yui singing it. If you look at the lyrics, every song other than Fuyu no Hi in Houkago Tea Time II which is sung by Yui (solo) is either about food or is written by herself. In comparison, Mio's (Pure Pure Heart, Samidare 20 Love, Fude Pen, and even Tokimeki Sugar) are all fluffy RABU-RABU song.

If it isn't for the melody, Fuyu no Hi will fit Mio just well, don't you think..?

Mio loves Ritsu, nuff said XDD
Ryuamakusa4eva
Ryuamakusa4eva
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by majestic mucus Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:22 am

Gasian Gaond wrote:Regarding Fuyu no Hi...

Look at your last sentence. Maybe Fuyu no Hi's vocal range could not be handled by Hikasa-san. XD *mauled*

Or if we want to stay within the boundaries of the characters, maybe Mio was just shy to sing it. (After being so bold as to ask Ritsu whether she liked it? Mio is so bipolar ) Very Happy
majestic mucus
majestic mucus

Back to top Go down

Post by TakuanInc. Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 am

majestic mucus wrote:Look at your last sentence. Maybe Fuyu no Hi's vocal range could not be handled by Hikasa-san. XD *mauled*

Or if we want to stay within the boundaries of the characters, maybe Mio was just shy to sing it. (After being so bold as to ask Ritsu whether she liked it? Mio is so bipolar ) Very Happy

If vocal ranges matter, I don't think Pikasha really has a problem (furthermore, she was singing in the background), listen to Seishun Vibration. I am having a wishful desire to have another sort of mini album where boss Aki and Pikasha both has versions for each song (AND I WILL ORDER THEM AGAIN). But ehh...

I'm actually having fanfic ideas over this. If you listen to the cassette, everyone was all quiet when Fuyu no Hi was going to be played, as well as when they were done playing it. I'd like to interpret this as a subtle take on their individual reactions to the song and its lyrics. Ritsu quietly blushing as she takes in the words, Mio discreetly gives her glances for her reactions, Mugi silently admiring the exposition, Azusa having really no say towards the matter, and Yui being derp.

While playing, what must have Ritsu thought? Why did they even consider the song part of the album in the first place? Didn't she reject those lyrics?

TakuanInc.
TakuanInc.

Back to top Go down

Post by majestic mucus Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 am

TakuanInc. wrote:
majestic mucus wrote:Look at your last sentence. Maybe Fuyu no Hi's vocal range could not be handled by Hikasa-san. XD *mauled*

If vocal ranges matter, I don't think Pikasha really has a problem (furthermore, she was singing in the background), listen to Seishun Vibration. I am having a wishful desire to have another sort of mini album where boss Aki and Pikasha both has versions for each song (AND I WILL ORDER THEM AGAIN). But ehh...

I'm actually having fanfic ideas over this. If you listen to the cassette, everyone was all quiet when Fuyu no Hi was going to be played, as well as when they were done playing it. I'd like to interpret this as a subtle take on their individual reactions to the song and its lyrics. Ritsu quietly blushing as she takes in the words, Mio discreetly gives her glances for her reactions, Mugi silently admiring the exposition, Azusa having really no say towards the matter, and Yui being derp.

While playing, what must have Ritsu thought? Why did they even consider the song part of the album in the first place? Didn't she reject those lyrics?

In the background she wasn't singing the same pitch, it was a tad lower for them to harmonize. (Sorry if I use musical terminology wrong, I know these in my own language, but not in English) I haven't got perfect pitch, sadly, so I checked out some songs on my keyboard to be sure. While Seishun Vibration's highest note falls under Fuyu no Hi's, I checked other "Mio-songs" and here's the result: yes, she'd probably be able to sing FnH so I apologize. Smile Though none of the songs that she participates in reach FnH, there are some pretty close calls like Houkago Tea Time, where her highest note, "D" is just one under Fuyu no Hi's E, and in Pure Pure Heart she reaches even closer with an E-flat, which is only a half-step lower than E. So yeah, I stand corrected. :3

I really hoped they would include a surprise Mio-version somewhere of FnH, like a secret hidden song or something, but sadly, my hopes got crushed.

And if you have fanfic ideas then act upon them! It sounds interesting! x)
majestic mucus
majestic mucus

Back to top Go down

Post by TakuanInc. Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 pm

majestic mucus wrote:And if you have fanfic ideas then act upon them! It sounds interesting! x)

Uhhh, yes...at a later date. *shot*

Agh, but seriously, I'll try. Azusa's birthday is coming up, and I haven't even started my dedication fic. ;___;

I don't want to be super late (like my last fic XD), this is Azusa! I have to make it in time...

But looking at it now...;___;

majestic mucus wrote:In the background she wasn't singing the same pitch, it was a tad lower for them to harmonize. (Sorry if I use musical terminology wrong, I know these in my own language, but not in English) I haven't got perfect pitch, sadly, so I checked out some songs on my keyboard to be sure. While Seishun Vibration's highest note falls under Fuyu no Hi's, I checked other "Mio-songs" and here's the result: yes, she'd probably be able to sing FnH so I apologize. Smile Though none of the songs that she participates in reach FnH, there are some pretty close calls like Houkago Tea Time, where her highest note, "D" is just one under Fuyu no Hi's E, and in Pure Pure Heart she reaches even closer with an E-flat, which is only a half-step lower than E. So yeah, I stand corrected. :3

Oh lolderp, what am I doing. Yes, not necessarily Seishun Vibration, but Pikasha can hit dem high notes.

majestic mucus wrote:I really hoped they would include a surprise Mio-version somewhere of FnH, like a secret hidden song or something, but sadly, my hopes got crushed.

Crushed? Already? This is the first release for Fuyu no Hi, who knows what the other releases will bring. Don't lose hope!
TakuanInc.
TakuanInc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasian Gaond Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:14 pm

More KyoAni teasing?

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/815305/5girls-absurdres-akiyama_mio-alternate_costume-ani

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/815286/2011-5girls-absurdres-akitake_seiichi-akiyama_mio-
Gasian Gaond
Gasian Gaond

Back to top Go down

Post by TakuanInc. Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:25 am

Countering the troll with a fanart.

Lelz, as if I could match Horiguchi's superior trolling art. I can't even draw a proper straight line to save my life...XD

But anyway...

Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?! Kissiz
TakuanInc.
TakuanInc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gasian Gaond Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:56 am

^OMG ethereal that is just HNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

and dunno what the heck is this but guess it counts as another KyoAni teasing/trolling:

http://blog-imgs-36-origin.fc2.com/r/u/l/ruler110/201009261904281c5.jpg
Gasian Gaond
Gasian Gaond

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Donkey Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:52 am

^ I see 404 error. NO WAI

@ ethereal: D'AWWWW! A flustered Ritsu is sickeningly adorable. *_*
Little Donkey
Little Donkey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveless Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:30 pm

TakuanInc. wrote:Crushed? Already? This is the first release for Fuyu no Hi, who knows what the other releases will bring. Don't lose hope!
Exactly! Very Happy

TakuanInc. wrote:

Why is Mitsu (Mio x Ritsu) SO FREAKIN' CONTAGIOUS?! Kissiz

OMG, I'm DYING from the cuteness. I-I can't speak! X.x ... Mio seems to have discarded her shyness. >3

Gasian Gaond wrote:and dunno what the heck is this but guess it counts as another KyoAni teasing/trolling:

http://blog-imgs-36-origin.fc2.com/r/u/l/ruler110/201009261904281c5.jpg

I can barely see ya back there, doodz. XD

Loveless
Loveless

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1517433/Raburesu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next